Tag Archives: Leach Botanical Garden

Behind the project: Leach Botanical Upper Garden Development

John and Lilla Leach moved to the 4.5-acre site of the future Leach Botanical garden in the early 1930s in southeast Portland, Oregon. They built the existing stone cottage on the banks of Johnson Creek as a summer get-away. In 1936, the newly built Manor House became their full-time residence and they began landscaping and … Continue reading Behind the project: Leach Botanical Upper Garden Development